Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Parents and dating advice?

I was wondering what ya'll thought of this situation. I'm 18 yrs old, living with my parents and they pay for my college tuition. So, I'm in the whole 'i live under their roof, i follow their rules' thing. The problem is that they started to tell me a few months ago that they don't want me to be in a committed relationship with anyone. They said that I should just date around, be single, and have friends, but not to be commited to one person, and that my focus should be on school. So, question: does that make any type of sense to you at all? I personally don't see the point of dating if I can't be in a relationship. And I tried talking to my parents about this and it does no good. Oh, and I'm not gonna move out cuz I'm 18 and dont like their rules - can't afford that at all and don't think its worth it.Parents and dating advice?
All Ur parents are saying in a nut shell... is...





Plzzzz after all this time of raising u.. spending all this money.. watching u grow.. plzz... don't get into a relationship where u quit school or get pg and it is all out the door..





I know they love u.. and u are on the right road.. they don't want to see u loose focus..


just try to see it from their eyes for a second....


they are not saying not to date..


good luck on Ur education and Ur future..Parents and dating advice?
My parents are like that, they always ask if there are guys attracted to me, if there are some trying to court me, they are so excited to know about it. But they don't want me to be involved in a boyfriend relationship. I always thought why.


Then i got to college, they always tell me to concentrate first on school just study hard first, only friends are accepted. But one day i fell inlove with a guy on my class, i was afraid to tell my dad coz i knew he'd be frustrated. so what i did is, i told my sister since i have same school with her, she's like my bestfriend. My bf remained a secret. Until i got caught with my brother, then he told my dad about it. Oh men, i was in a HOT SEAT. I cried of course...But I couldn't stand my Dad mad and upset at me, so i decided a breakup.


I kept my sadness to myself, after few days, I couldn't resist my love seeing him in my class, so we reconsidered our relationship again, but knowing limitations so not to be seen...





I know that they just don't want me to end up undergraduate and be married at young age. They always want the best for us of course.





But I made a promise to myself, I will finish my studies, with my boyfriend, so that way, i can show my parents, that I did handle myself in a relationship very well, and they will realize they were wrong.





And now i did it! I'm a graduate and I'm working!


So All I can Say is, it's all a matter of choice, and the way to handle it, just be careful..





Sorry if it's too long..but thanx for reading anyway..


GoodLUCK!!!
i'm sure what they mean is just date around, don't try to get too close for such things like marriage or REAL relationship





don't ask me, lol but that's def. what they're thinking





why is that though, have you not dated anyone much before?


that might be a reason they want you to





because if you haven't dated in the past, then it's reasonable they tell you that your first mate you shouldn't really get close to and marry.
It's probably because they came from an era when you dated several people at once but it wasn't considered promiscuous because women were less pressured to ';put out.';





They know that today the pressure on a young girl is to give it up and do it a lot quicker. They also know young men of today. Young men know that a serious, commited relationship is a lot more conducive to the prospects of sex. Your parent's are just trying to look out for you. I'm only in my twenties, but looking back I can't believe how naive my gfs were and how even more naive some of the girls are becoming now.

No comments:

Post a Comment